The Partnership for Alcohol Safety is a joint project of The University of Iowa and the City of Iowa City. Its mission is to identify and advocate for strategies that reduce high-risk drinking and promote a vibrant downtown. Its values stress collaboration, community, and a results orientation.
Members of the partnership come from throughout the Iowa City community and include:
- University students, administrators, faculty members and staff members
- City of Iowa City elected officials and administrators
- Downtown Iowa City business owners, including bar owners
- Public health professionals
- Law enforcement professionals
- K-12 school board members and administrators
- Neighborhood representatives
- Faith community representatives
- News media
Our bi-monthly meetings are open to the public and held the 2nd Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September and November from 3:30-5:00 pm in Room 2390 of the University Capitol Centre/Old Capitol Town Center.
We encourage you to review our plans and to offer your suggestions by e-mail to the Office of the Vice President for Student Life at email@example.com.